The Digital Arts and Humanities (DARTH) group at Harvard University supports faculty and students by connecting them with technologies designed to enrich digital scholarship. DARTH aims to be at the forefront of digital research support across the arts and humanities by leading digital initiatives, developing research tools for the web, and offering regular workshops and consultations for the Harvard community.
When: Tuesday, May 20th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Plimpton Room, Barker 133
With the right technology at your fingertips, how might you transform your research and teaching?… Read More
On April 1st, 2014, DARTH Crimson hosted a discussion panel called Copyright and Copyleft on intellectual property issues in the digital age. As part of the event, we compiled the following list of resources for anyone who wishes to learn more or troubleshoot their own questions and concerns.
- Copyright and Copyleft panel recording (streaming .mov)
- Fair Use for Academics in the Digital Age (article)
- Copyright Versus Alternative Licenses for Your Content (article)
- Copyright and Fair Use: A Guide for the Harvard Community (OGC pamphlet)
- Office of the General Counsel FAQs (see Privacy and Copyright section)
- Copyright at Harvard Library (blog by Kyle Courtney for Fair Use Week)
- Copyright for Librarians (Berkman Center resource, self-directed course)
- Digital Media Law Project (Berkman Center resource)
- Copyright Law Guidelines and Fair Use (Humanities Faculty Services website)
The department of German Languages and Literatures is pleased to present a talk by Professor Todd Presner (UCLA):
The Ethics of the Algorithm:
Close and Distant Listening to the Shoah
Foundation’s Visual History Archive
May 1st, 2014, 2:00 pm
Barker Center 133… Read More
… Read More
Thinking with Your Eyes explores the uses of visualization across disciplines and research methods.
Join us for a workshop on establishing and maintaining an online identity. Sign up here.
Digital Futures: The NOW Edition
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:00 pm
Graduate School of Design, Piper Auditorium
Visit the Digital Futures website for more information and to RSVP!